Saturday, June 23, 2007

The thin wall between mercy and darkness


Today Brant Hansen is taking his turn in the fast, and he, like Kat yesterday, highlights Compassion International.

Please visit Brant's blog today - it is a soul-searching post; at least it was for me.

I can't describe it any better (or come even close to) than Brant, so I'd like to close with a quote from his post:

"The wall is very, very thin. The wall divides a bloody temple from Mother Teresa's home for the sick and dying, and it's a very thin wall. For the children I've met in central America, Africa, Asia -- the wall between hope and hopelessness, between smiling young engineer and disfigured beggar, is a very thin wall.

And, borrowing from Solzhenitsyn, that wall runs through me, and my checkbook, separating life and death, mercy and darkness."

No comments: