Thursday, June 21, 2007

The fast


The forty-day fast, where 40 bloggers each fast one day and highlight a need and an organization that tries to meet that need that day, starts tomorrow. I started working on listing links to my fellow-fasting-bloggers today, and researching organizations on the web, and looked at this post once again - the post and the picture that inspired the 40-day-fast.

And at that point, there really is not a lot more to say, except thank you to Kat, who took this fantastic initiative. I look forward to the coming 40 days, to being outward-focused, to being overwhelmed, and to seeing some of the amazing ways people are responding to needs that are bigger than at least I can comprehend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that this fast is specifically about something "other than us". So often, it seems our fasting is to benefit ourselves. That one picture speaks to the devastation of a life and a soul. May we, together, make a difference.